No. The sticker on the back of the ring holder is disposable and can only be used once.
Due to the new quick-release design, these parts may be worn down due to constant attaching and detaching. However, it won’t have any impact on the functions and performance as long as your OM 4 is still under warranty.
DJI OM 4 will not affect the performance of the phone attached to it. However, some phones may require callibration after mounting. The magnetic design may influence other magnetic products. Do not put OM 4 near a bank card, cardiac pacemaker, hard drive, or similar devices.
For more information, please refer to the phone compatibility list on the official DJI website.
Avoid pinching your fingers and ensure the phone is mounted correctly.
Due to wide-angle lenses and phone sizes, some users may see the gimbal in camera view. Users can try the following:
Adjust the position of the magnetic phone clamp and move it away from the camera until the gimbal is excluded from the camera view.
No. Due to powerful motors, accurate balancing is not needed for DJI OM 4. When using the magnetic phone clamp, you only need to keep it approximately in the middle of the phone; when using the magnetic ring holder, please follow the instructions and attach it correctly.
For detailed information, please refer to the phone compatibility list on the official DJI website.
Yes. Connect your phone to OM 4, launch the DJI Mimo app, tap the gesture icon next to the shutter and tap (?) to view detailed instructions. OM 4 can recognize the “palm” and “V” gestures.
There are three ways to use ActiveTrack:
1. Press the trigger to track the subject in the middle of the frame automatically;
2. Manually select and track the subject in the app interface;
3. Enable Gesture Control and use a gesture in (?) to begin tracking, take a photo, or record a video.
Power on OM 4, and press the M button twice to switch between the two orientations. You can also transition between portrait and landscape by rotating the roll axis manually.
1. Power on DJI OM 4 and press the M button till you hear a beep indicating the gimbal is already in Standby mode;
2. Power on OM 4 and press the M button three times to enter Standby mode.
Once standby mode is enabled, press any button to exit the mode.
When the gimbal is in video, slow motion or Hyperlapse mode, go to settings and enable SpinShot. Use the joystick to complete a spin shot of 270 degrees.
Go to Story mode in camera view and select Custom Story.
Tap DynamicZoom mode in camera view, and start using this function by walking steadily forward or backward.
Select CloneMe from Pano, tap the shutter, and OM 4 will automatically take a photo every five seconds and move the gimbal to the next position. After taking three photos, it will automatically stitch them into one photo.
Power on DJI OM 4, then press and hold the trigger to lock the gimbal.
1. Connect your phone with DJI Mimo app and enable Sport mode in settings;
2. Power on DJI OM 4, press the trigger, and then press again and hold to switch to Sport mode. Once you release the trigger, Sport mode will be disabled.
Make sure the gimbal is powered on and working normally, then quickly press the trigger twice to recenter the gimbal.
1. Switch between the front and rear camera in the DJI Mimo app;
2. Quickly press the trigger three times.
Connecting via Bluetooth is faster than connecting via Wi-Fi. Devices using Bluetooth will link automatically once they are paired. Connecting via Bluetooth also saves more energy than connecting via Wi-Fi does.
1. Forget connected devices in the Bluetooth settings of your mobile phone.
2. Press and hold the shutter button, trigger, and M button simultaneously for one second to forget the connected device.
No. DJI Mimo app will provide the correct firmware version once connected.
When the firmware is updating, the status indicator will flash red and green. If the firmware update is successful, the indicator will turn solid green. If the firmware update fails, the indicator will flash red and green, and simultaneously, you will be notified in the DJI Mimo app.
1. Restart the gimbal and try again;
2. If your phone still fails to connect with DJI OM 4, please contact DJI After-Sales.
Use the adjustable zoom slider on the left side of the handle to zoom in and out. Image quality is subject to the phone's camera performance.
Include a helpful and informative answer to the frequently asked question here.
There are 4 modes: Upright, Underslung, Flashlight, and Side Grip.
1. Check if the phone has been properly mounted onto the gimbal;
2. Perform Gimbal Auto Calibration;
3. Perform Horizontal Gimbal Adjustment in the DJI Mimo app.
1. It is not recommended to attach the ring holder to a phone case;
2. Phone cases can be used with the magnetic phone clamp.
1. Brand-new magnetic quick-release design for a more convenient mounting experience;
2. DJI OM 4 is integrated with new intelligent shooting modes such as DynamicZoom and CloneMe;
3. DJI OM 4 supports Flashlight mode.
4. DJI OM 4 has a stronger motor.
The front and back cameras perform similarly in terms of tracking. However, only the back camera is able to track a person’s profile and continue tracking even if the subject turns his/her face.
Yes. However, the precision may differ between smartphones, and it performs better when tracking a single child (0 to 6 years old) or pet.
1. Timelapse is suitable for recording the passing of time at a fixed scene by mounting the OM 4 on a tripod or base.
2. Motionlapse allows users to record a moving timelapse video by setting camera points.
3. Hyperlapse allows users to record everything passing by as they hold the gimbal in hand and walk. ActiveTrack 3.0 provides more options for flexible shooting.
1. For iPhones, tap the camera icon to adjust ISO, S, and EV, and change the white balance in settings;
2. As of now, Android devices cannot change exposure parameters via the DJI Mimo app.
Yes. The maximum video resolution depends on your phone’s camera. Please visit the official DJI website for the compatibility list.
For iPhones, yes. For other smartphones, it depends on the phone’s camera. Please visit the official DJI website for the compatibility list.
The algorithms for image stabilization and zooming require a certain amount of time for calculation.
Motionlapse does not support manual zoom, but you can adjust other general parameters.
At least two points and four points at most.
Yes. You can enable the “Save Pano Original” function in camera settings in Pano mode.
All photos and videos will be saved to the phone's album.
Yes. Some smartphones support shooting 1080p or 720p videos with Glamour Effects enabled.
It supports all lenses on iPhone devices. You choose the one you need.
For Android phones, it depends on the camera of your phone. Generally, it supports the main camera and ultra-wide-angle camera of most smartphones.
There are three different panoramas, all of which support landscape and portrait shooting:
1. 3×3 Panorama automatically takes and stitches together nine photos;
2. 240° Panorama automatically takes and merges seven photos;
3. CloneMe Pano automatically takes and merges three photos.
iOS systems will save the photos and videos to the album. Android devices save photos and videos in storage or the microSD card.
The built-in battery cannot be swapped out.
You can charge OM 4 via the Type-C USB charging port on the right side of the handle. The recommended charging current is 2 A.
OM 4 can be used to charge other devices via the USB port at the right side of the handle. The maximum current is 1.4 A.
It is not recommended.
Each device has a number on the side of the phone holder. Users can choose the device in the DJI Mimo app. Users can also change the device name in the app.
1. It can control camera/video taking of most smartphones.
2. It can control Huawei smartphones (EMUI 10.0 and above) to take photos, zoom, switch between front and rear cameras and switch between camera and video modes.
1. Disconnect the previous phone and disable its Bluetooth. Then connect OM 4 to another smartphone.
2. When powering on the OM 4, press the M button, trigger, and Shutter button at the same time for one second to clear the existing connection, and then connect OM 4 to another smartphone.
1. Turn off DJI OM 4;
2. Clear the previous connection in the Bluetooth setting of your smartphone. Disable and then enable the Bluetooth of the smartphone;
3. Restart DJI Mimo.
* If the above steps still cannot solve the problem, you can directly connect to Bluetooth in the DJI Mimo app, and choose not to pair the devices.
The mounting hole at the bottom of DJI OM 4 is the standard 1/4"- 20 UNC port, which is compatible with most tripods.
Yes. However, external lenses may affect the balance of the gimbal. Large, heavy lenses are not recommended. Please ensure the total weight of the lenses and the phone is less than 290 grams.